All members of the Chapter shall also be Members of the Internet Society. A member of the Chapter will be considered to be in good standing when he/she fully/actively participate in Chapter affairs, events, projects and activities. All individual and organizations falling within the defined scope of the Chapter shall be eligible for membership without discrimination
Any member desiring to resign from the Society shall submit his/her resignation to the Secretary, which shall take effect from the data of receipt by the secretary of such notice.
An active member of the Chapter is defined one who has met one of the following three requirements,
- Attended 50% and above of Chapter meetings either remotely or physically; and
- Contributed articles, blogs etc. which lead to Internet development in the country, contributions also made via the Chapter mailing list will be considered and
- Volunteered a number of his/her hours to Chapter activities, events and projects.
Termination of membership can be on the following grounds:
- Upon exhaustion of the dispute resolution mechanism as outline in Article 9 of Dispute Resolution, the Executive Council may expel a member from membership if the Arbitration Committee recommends such an action and if a General Meeting of the Chapter shall resolve by two-third majority of members present that such a member should be expelled on the ground that the member’s conduct has adversely affected the reputation and dignity of the Chapter or that the member has contravened any of the provisions of this Constitution.
- The Executive Council shall have power to suspend a member from membership until the next General Meeting of the Chapter following such suspension. A member whose expulsion is proposed shall have the right to address the General Meeting at which the expulsion shall be considered.
Reinstatement of Membership
- A person whose membership had ceased may apply in writing to the Membership and Outreach Committee for reinstatement of their membership.
- The Membership and Outreach Committee after consideration of the application, may reinstate such a member or refuse to reinstate such a member, citing reasons for their decision.
- A member who is dissatisfied with the decision of the Membership and Outreach Committee may appeal to the Dispute Resolution Committee.