Internet Society is the world's trusted independent source of leadership for Internet policy, technology standards, and future development. More than simply advancing technology, we work to ensure the Internet continues to grow and evolve as a platform for innovation, economic development, and social progress for people around the world. The Internet Society has for many years been the champion for Internet advancement and open resource usage.
Internet Society Kenya Chapter is a not for profit Internet Technical Community that aims at advancing internet policy, technology standards and future developments of the Internet in Kenya.
Internet Society Kenya Chapter began in 2012 and is registered under the laws of Kenya to serve persons who live or work in Kenya.
- To promote realization of safe, open Internet for all Kenyans;
- To represent the Kenyan Internet Community in fora that deal with governance of the Internet;
- To promote development of Internet in Kenya through, among others, trainings capacity building, public awareness and advocacy;
- To promote development and application of Internet standards in Kenya;
- To work together with other Kenyan stakeholders and other International bodies with similar objects.
- The objects of this Chapter shall be non-political and not-for-profit.
The Internet Society Kenya Chapter vision and goals are well known to Internet planners, users and help to shape and guide planning and execution efforts.
- Excellence: Commitment to excellence and quality service in all operations.
- Innovation and Creativity: Embracing originality and imagination in all areas of operations.
- Social responsibility: Promoting social responsibility programmes that add values to society and enhance public image of the society including community, human rights, environment and training.
- Professionalism: This is upheld and safeguarded at all times.